Sunday, May 24, 2015

Langkawi: Back to Kuala Lumpur

I'm finally back in KL. Oh well, it's been two days, yea. I guess that's really how long it takes me to get synced into KL again.

Now just to give you a sense of timing. We checked out at 11am, hit the road by quarter past 11 towards the jetty. We reached Kuah jetty at quarter to 12 noon. We returned the rented car, had casual mamak lunch at Hameed's, peed and prayed, all at the jetty. We took the boat back to Penang at around 2.30pm, then from Penang we took the ferry back to Butterworth, Conveniently, the train station, the bus station and the ferry jetty are all located within Mariah Carey's high pitch away. Technically they're within the same vicinity. We then took a bus to KL and by 11pm, we arrived at Puduraya (now popularised as Pudu Sentral). Before midnight, we were already in the comfort of our cat-haired home, the kitties receiving us warmly for a scratch in their bellies.

All in all, we spent almost RM2K on the trip, practically everything we had lol. But I needed that break to celebrate the end of my radiotherapy, and Mr Khan needed it simply because, hailing from the mountainous Peshawar, he had never been on the beach his entire life and he wanted it to be special (Ok, why does that sound like he's popping his cherry for the first time? lol) I would've stayed on a different side of the island if ever I return to Langkawi. Perhaps at one of those resorts facing the Andaman Sea directly, where the water is crystal clear. I would've taken the Payar Island snorkeling trip, which was a wee bit out of our budget. But just in case you're going, remember that the package ranges from RM85 (USD24) up to RM200 (USD55) per person, all the packages being pretty much the same with the difference being the agent's range of commision. So if you care about getting the best for less, it's a good idea to get assistance from a local who won't take advantage of you. oh yeah there are such people. Plenty of them in fact.

I am planning to trip to Perhentian Island next, hopefully with my girlfriends (you know who you are!). And when I do, I'd give a detailed scoop on that trip. Inshaallah.


No comments:

Post a Comment