Friday, May 22, 2015

Langkawi: Skybridge

There is an action Hindi film called Don, starring Shahrukh Khan. This film is so popular and cultish to some that they try to go where the climax of the film was allegedly shot. Mr Khan was dying to get to the Skybridge in Langkawi that he actually sulked big time when we were told that we might miss the cutoff time to visit the bridge. I persevered through his tantrums and ensured that we sped our way towards the bridge. A child throwing tantrums is a tragedy, but when a full grown man does it, it's simply ugly lol.

So eventually, Alhamdulillah, we made it on time to walk through the bridge. The look on Mr Khan's face was rewarding, but honestly I was just too tired to enjoy it. The bridge was about 200 meters long, roughly. Maybe less. As you start from the beginning of the bridge, you will have the view of Malacca Strait on your right and the Andaman Sea on your left. We were there at sundown and the view was out of this world. I was speechless, but well, it doesn't take a lot to impress me. We walked from one end to the other and sat a while in the middle.

The Skybridge is undoubtedly strong, but when the wind up there gets stronger, the bridge subtly swings and that really gave me butterflies in my tummy. The sundown in the horizon of Andaman Sea was amazing. I was speechless most of the time and was drowning in exhilaration. Some women feel that way about shopping or drinking cocktail or wearing the latest Gucci collections. Me?  Nothing excites me more than natural beauty and the natural orders of this world. I can't thank God enough for all these.

No comments:

Post a Comment